The Spanish government has already passed the law. Here is what you need to know regarding the Property VISA (Golden VISA).
- Invest 500.000 EUR or more in real estate in Spain
- Any type of property will be considered (Residential, Touristic, Rural, Commercial or Industrial) or a combination of those
- As opposed to the Wealth VISA, the Property VISA does not require you to be in Spain 183 days of the year
- Funds must come from transparent sources that comply with existing legislation
Your rights will be
- To stay in Spain for a maximum of 1 year
- For the spouse and children under 18 to apply for Residency simultaneously
- To travel without a visa within the Schengen area (26 European Countries)
- To be allowed to tax residency outside of Spain
The Application's Requirements
- Not to have entered or stayed illegally in Spanish territory
- Be 18 years or over
- Not to have been refused entry in any of the Schengen countries
- Have public or private health insurance authorized to operate in Spain
- Have sufficient economic means to cover personal and family living expenses
Renew Your Residence Authorization
- Once an investment has been made, and after the first year, investors can apply for authorization to live in Spain for 2 years, renewable for another 2 years after that (and on). So long as the investment threshold of 500,000 EUR is maintained (see below).
- Properties can be bought and sold during this period
- After five years of continuous residence, investors can apply for permanent residence in Spain.
NuvoBarcelona helps you through the Application Process
- Finds a Property
- Applies for the VISA
- Property Management