Barcelona Area Guide: El Born
Barcelona Area Guide: El Born
Located North of the Gothic Quarter, Born is the lower section of the La Ribera neighbourhood and runs from Princessa down to Barceloneta. Just 15 mins walk from the beach; I find that this corner of the city is a labyrinth of narrow winding streets, gothic architecture, and unique shops and restaurants. A charming neighbourhood and a sanctuary from more congested parts of the city...What I love about Born is that it’s a slightly more refined side of downtown Barcelona, the majority of the neighbourhoods cobbled streets are pedestrianised making it a perfect inner city village to walk around in without the stress of all the traffic.
Nuvo’s collection of properties near Born have been elegantly renovated with a spacious finish that pays homage to the classic style and features of the traditional architecture. High rise ceilings, wooden beams, exposed brick walls and floor to ceiling doors and windows give the apartments their rustic and roomy finish.
You will find quaint terraces strategically positioned to catch the sun at the best times of the day. One of my favourite plazas is right by Arc de Triomf, and belongs to the cafe En Aparte on Carrer de Lluís el Piadós. There are also many schools dotted around the neighbourhood as well as local amenities such as supermarkets. Park Ciutadella serves and a welcome patch of green in the centre of the city. There is a municipal gym inside the park, complete with an outdoor pool, and sauna steam and jacuzzi. There is a also a Holmes Place located in slightly closer to arc de triomf for the more avid health club goer.
Born is popular with expats and I hear a myriad of languages being thrown around it’s easy to get acquainted with the international crowd there is a big tech scene in Barcelona with large start-up entrepreneurial vibe. The nightlife is vibrant Rubi Bar is one of my favourite spots, famous for its reasonably priced cocktail menu, red velvet interior and funk and afrobeat vibes from the 60s and 70s. Guzzo Bar is also a great spot for live jazz music and alternative DJ’s. Born is full of divine culinary establishments ready to discover at your fingertips, I love the age old Catalan classic, the Xampanaria Catalana right by the Picasso museum on Carrer Montcada, and Bar del Pla at the end of the same street. Bornmuth located at the Sun drenched Plaça Comercial 1, is also a well known spot of traditional Catalan cuisine and a lovely place to sit in the afternoon.
For me, Born really encapsulates the best of downtown Barcelona. It’s a village in the centre of the city with a bohemian charm. It brings together the old and the new to create a corner open to everyone, a timeless combination worth investing in.
NuvoBarcelona Offers the Following Flats
Located just near Metro Uruquinanona a central part of the city which encapsulates Barcelona, and just a 15 minute walk from the beach and on the brow of Born and the Gothic Quarter where you will find the majority of the important historical buildings. The location is very well connected and it’s easy to walk or jump on a bike to any other part of the city centre.
Check out the 3rd floor apartment which offers a big living room, open plan kitchen and dining room, three bedrooms, two bathrooms and a studio.
- Barcelona Apartments For Sale
- Real Estate In Barcelona For Sale - All Properties
- Case Study - Renovated flats in Barcelona for Sale
- Top Districts Where To Buy Barcelona Apartments in 2018
- Real Estate For Sale In Barcelona - Nou Barris, Sant Andreu and Sant Marti
- Property in Barcelona for Sale - NuvoBarcelona
- Your Guide To Property Sale In Barcelona Made Easy - An Exclusive Deal
- Your Guide To Property Sale In Barcelona Made Easy -The Commission
- Your Guide To Property Sale In Barcelona Made Easy - Summary
- Your Guide To Property Sale In Barcelona Made Easy - Setting The Price
- Your Guide To Property Sale In Barcelona Made Easy - Negotiating
- Property for sale in Barcelona – Is It Worth To Invest In 2018
- Property For Sale In Barcelona – Gracia and Horta Guinard
- Take The Right Path When Looking For Flats in Barcelona For Sale
- Flats In Barcelona For Sale: Cuitat Vella and Eixample
- Flats in Barcelona for sale as an investment - NuvoBarcelona
- Barcelona Luxury Apartments For Sale – Les Corts and Sarria-Sant Gervasi
- Ready to Buy Apartment In Barcelona? Find Out How To Do It!
- VILLA TRAMUNTANA
- Flats to buy in Barcelona - TRAVESSERA DE LES CORTS 361
- Flats in Barcelona for sale - SICÍLIA 215
- Barcelona apartments to buy - SARAGOSSA 54
- Buy apartment in Barcelona - SANTA ANNA 27
- Apartments for sale in Barcelona city - SANT MARTÍ D'EMPÚRIES
- Property for sale in Barcelona Spain - SANT JOAN 15
- Barcelona Luxury Apartments for Sale - ROSSELLÓ 266
- Apartments for sale Barcelona Spain - RAMBLA CATALUNYA 85
- Property to buy in Barcelona - RAMBLA CATALUNYA 40
- Barcelona property sale - RAMBLA CATALUNYA 22
- Luxury apartments for sale in Barcelona - PROVENÇA 353
- Apartments for sale in Barcelona - PLATÓ 20
- Apartments for sale in Barcelona Spain - PERILL 19
- Buy a flat in Barcelona - PEARSON 20
- Flats for sale in Barcelona Spain - MARIA CLARET 131
- Apartments in Barcelona to buy - JULIÀ PORTET 5
- Property for sale Barcelona Spain - GRAN VIA 576
- Apartments to buy Barcelona - FONTANELLA 14
- Buy an apartment in Barcelona - ESTRUC 9
- Flats for sale Barcelona - DIAGONAL 462
- CARTAGENA 230