Ready to Buy Apartment In Barcelona? Find Out How To Do It!
Are You Ready To Buy An Apartment in Barcelona?
Have you been considering whether it’s time to buy apartment in Barcelona? Well, consider no more! There are many good reasons for looking through the apartments for sale in Barcelona. But, if you are considering taking the leap it is important to remember that the process to buy apartment in Barcelona is different to other countries.
Before you dive in head first be sure that you understand each of the steps involved:
Do You Need Resident Status To Buy Apartment In Barcelona?
If you’re looking to buy a holiday home then you don’t need to be a resident of Spain. Although you will find the process easier if you’re already a European resident.
However, if you’re intending to live in one of the apartments for sale in Barcelona for more than 183 days a year, then you need to be a resident. This means removing yourself from the legal ties of your home country and adopting the practices of Spain, including registering with the local authority.
Know Your Facts
In Spain, when you are ready to buy apartment in Barcelona, then you need to understand the local price, the tax implications, and the likely fees associated with the purchase.You will usually find that apartments for sale in Barcelona need to have % added to their sale price.
To ensure you choose the right apartment for your needs you need to visit as many as possible in one visit. This approach will let you understand the pricing and quality range of apartments for sale in Barcelona.
You will need your own lawyer. The notary in Spain is only responsible for ensuring the paperwork is correct, they will not act on your behalf. A lawyer will ensure your rights are protected when you buy apartment in Barcelona.
What Do You Need to Know Before Buying Apartment in Barcelona
It is essential that you visit a bank and create a new account for yourself. You cannot buy apartment in Barcelona without it! You will also need to visit the local authority to get a foreigner identification number. Have these ready before you start your search for apartments for sale in Barcelona.
The Process of The Purchase
The initial process is completed verbally, this means that anyone can change their mind or accept different offers. You need to move quickly, from the moment your offer on an apartment has been verbally accepted you need to get a reservation agreement created.
This document reserves the property for you. You will need to pay a deposit but it is advisable to keep this to the minimum €100 as you won’t get these funds back if you pull out.
As soon as the agreement is in place your lawyer and the seller should be made aware of each other. They can then start the legal process. Once your lawyer has verified that the sale is genuine and can be completed you’ll need to get energy certificates and make sure that the property is legally habitable.
Then you’ll have to sign the purchase agreement and pay the proper deposit. This is usually 10% of the value of the sale and again, you won’t get it back if you pull out. The agreement should specify when the date of completion will be, any inconvenience which could have been avoided can be liable to a fine, so proceed with caution! When the final contract date arrives you need to visit the notary to make it all official and then pay the remainder of the funds. The property is then yours!
- Barcelona Apartments For Sale
- Real Estate In Barcelona For Sale - All Properties
- Case Study - Renovated flats in Barcelona for Sale
- Top Districts Where To Buy Barcelona Apartments in 2018
- Real Estate For Sale In Barcelona - Nou Barris, Sant Andreu and Sant Marti
- Property in Barcelona for Sale - NuvoBarcelona
- Your Guide To Property Sale In Barcelona Made Easy - An Exclusive Deal
- Your Guide To Property Sale In Barcelona Made Easy -The Commission
- Your Guide To Property Sale In Barcelona Made Easy - Summary
- Your Guide To Property Sale In Barcelona Made Easy - Setting The Price
- Your Guide To Property Sale In Barcelona Made Easy - Negotiating
- Property for sale in Barcelona – Is It Worth To Invest In 2018
- Property For Sale In Barcelona – Gracia and Horta Guinard
- Take The Right Path When Looking For Flats in Barcelona For Sale
- Flats In Barcelona For Sale: Cuitat Vella and Eixample
- Flats in Barcelona for sale as an investment - NuvoBarcelona
- Barcelona Luxury Apartments For Sale – Les Corts and Sarria-Sant Gervasi
- Ready to Buy Apartment In Barcelona? Find Out How To Do It!
- VILLA TRAMUNTANA
- Flats to buy in Barcelona - TRAVESSERA DE LES CORTS 361
- Flats in Barcelona for sale - SICÍLIA 215
- Barcelona apartments to buy - SARAGOSSA 54
- Buy apartment in Barcelona - SANTA ANNA 27
- Apartments for sale in Barcelona city - SANT MARTÍ D'EMPÚRIES
- Property for sale in Barcelona Spain - SANT JOAN 15
- Barcelona Luxury Apartments for Sale - ROSSELLÓ 266
- Apartments for sale Barcelona Spain - RAMBLA CATALUNYA 85
- Property to buy in Barcelona - RAMBLA CATALUNYA 40
- Barcelona property sale - RAMBLA CATALUNYA 22
- Luxury apartments for sale in Barcelona - PROVENÇA 353
- Apartments for sale in Barcelona - PLATÓ 20
- Apartments for sale in Barcelona Spain - PERILL 19
- Buy a flat in Barcelona - PEARSON 20
- Flats for sale in Barcelona Spain - MARIA CLARET 131
- Apartments in Barcelona to buy - JULIÀ PORTET 5
- Property for sale Barcelona Spain - GRAN VIA 576
- Apartments to buy Barcelona - FONTANELLA 14
- Buy an apartment in Barcelona - ESTRUC 9
- Flats for sale Barcelona - DIAGONAL 462
- CARTAGENA 230